Mother’s Day this year is the 19th March so I’ve pulled together some ideas to help celebrate all of you amazing mums with my Mother’s Day Gift Guide. It’s a special opportunity to show the mothers in our lives just how much we appreciate all that they do.
For those of you looking to give a unique and lasting gift this year, consider the gift of photography. Capturing memories through photographs is a timeless and personal way to show your love and appreciation. Here are a few gift ideas to help you celebrate the special women in your life.
- A Family Photography Experience: Give the gift of a family photoshoot, where you can capture precious memories with mum and the rest of the family. As an experienced family photographer, I can help you create stunning images that you’ll cherish forever. If you’d like to buy a gift certificate please click here.
- A piece of wall art: Give your mum a stunning piece of wall art featuring a special moment or family photograph. If you’ve had a session with me you can always order wall art from those sessions. She’ll love having a beautiful piece of art to display in her home that celebrates her family.
- A Photo Keepsake Box: Give the mum in your life a photo keepsake box filled with her favourite memories. She can use it to store cherished mementoes and photographs. Start off her collection with some of your favourite family memories.
In addition to photography, there are other wonderful gifts that are sure to put a smile on any mother’s face. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- Pregnancy/post natal yoga course or a mini retreat: Being pregnant or looking after babies is hard – treat a mum-to-be or new mum to one of Amy’s fabulous courses – have a look at The Hypnobirthing Yoga Teacher for more information.
- A Spa Day: Give mum the gift of relaxation with a spa day. Book a massage or facial for her, or buy her a spa kit so she can pamper herself at home. We have some gorgeous spas and salons locally… Whittlebury Hall is one of my favourites.
- A Bouquet of Flowers: Flowers are a popular choice for a reason – flowers are a beautiful way to brighten your mum’s day and remind her how loved she is. We have some super talented florists locally in Northamptonshire, try Miss Lillies in Towcester. Alternatively a subscription to weekly or fortnightly flowers would be a wonderful gift… Freddies Flowers is awesome and you can get a free box with my discount code: MirandW113.
- A Personalised Jewellery Piece: Give mum a personalised piece of jewellery, such as a necklace or bracelet, with her children’s names or birthstones. She’ll treasure this sentimental keepsake for years to come.
- A meal out: a surprise brunch, you’ve got to try Clarke & Dean in Towcester, or perhaps a Sunday lunch – The Old Talbot in Potterspury is excellent and has a special Mother’s Day 3 course menu for £30.95.
- Check out Hoping Hare Candles in Towcester for some gorgeous candles and other gift ideas (plus they sell gin too!).
No matter what you choose, the most important thing is to let your mum know just how much she means to you. Whether you give a gift of photography, a spa day, a bouquet of flowers or just a card, she’ll appreciate the love and thoughtfulness you put into her special day.