Why Book a Maternity Photoshoot?
Firstly, congratulations, what an exciting time for you! There is something so very special about bringing a new life into this world, nine whole months growing this amazing little human being inside you… this truly deserves to be celebrated!
Below are the six perfect reasons to book a photoshoot with Northamptonshire's Maternity Photographer
1. Make this a time for you and your partner to really connect with each other and your unborn baby.
Your maternity photoshoot will give you a chance to strengthen your bond and celebrate the new life you have created. Getting dad-to-be involved at this stage can really make him feel part of your journey and gives a bonding opportunity with you and your baby.
2. You’ll never get this moment again.
I never thought after having my first baby I’d miss being pregnant, but I really did! Okay so I didn’t miss the nausea and the hip pain, but I did miss my bump! I never got professional photographs when I was pregnant and it’s something I really wished I had. It was so different with my second baby - you're so busy looking after the first one you rarely get to stop and cherish the pregnancy in the same way. Whether you’re enjoying your pregnancy or not, and less face it, it’s not easy - having this time documented is something you’ll never regret.
3. Document your journey to parenthood.
You already know you’ll want photographs of your precious newborn when he or she arrives, you know you’ll just not be able to help yourself cover your walls and have albums full of photographs as they grow through their milestones. So why not start at the beginning of their journey into the world?
4. Take time to pamper yourself.
Maternity photoshoots are best at around 32 weeks. You might still be working or looking after your other children, this is a chance to take a couple of hours out and relax, with the focus on you! Your photoshoot will be relaxed and fun, you’ll come away feeling on top of the world and ready to tackle motherhood head on.
5. Capture the love for your unborn child - show your baby how loved and wanted they were even before they were born.
Young children love looking at photos of when they were in mummy’s tummy… and showing them photographs of when they were in mummy’s tummy is a brilliant tool to teach them if they’re going to be a big brother or sister… okay, you might not be ready to think about that just yet!
6. You’ll be shocked at how beautiful you feel.
I know pregnancy doesn’t always feel glamorous but that’s where I come in! You can treat yourself to a new outfit, or arrive in a tracksuit and take advantage of the selection of elegant dresses and fabrics I have for you to use. I’ll guide you every step of the way on every pose so you don’t need to worry about a thing!
Now that you’ve decided to go for it, here’s what you need to know:
- You can show as much or as little as you want! Of course, I will guide you though all the poses and give you as much direction as you’d like, but you’re in the driving seat. You get to decide how much of your bump (or any other part of you) you want to show.
- You don’t need to share… although I think you’ll want to! These photographs can be just for you, you don’t have to share them with anyone else. And just so you know, I’ll never share anything without your express prior permission.
- Your maternity session can take place in your own home (if you want to go for the natural lifestyle photographs), a location of your choice (maybe your favourite local walk) or the studio near Towcester in Northamptonshire which is perfect if you want to go for the glam dresses!
- Your photoshoot will be best when you are around 32 weeks (a little earlier if you’re having twins). This is because your bump will be big enough to show how blooming you are, but not so big that you’re super uncomfortable. Nothing stopping you doing it earlier or later than 32 weeks though, it’s completely up to you.
- You can invite whoever you like to your photoshoot. This could be your partner, other children, or you can keep it just for you.
- A week or so after your photoshoot I’ll come to your home to show you a stunning slideshow and give you the chance to choose and order the photographs you love the most. Absolutely zero pressure, just a really special moment for you to see how beautiful and amazing you are. I’ll bring a selection of heirloom products with me so you can choose the ones you love - whether that’s a huge ‘look at me’ piece of artwork for the walls to the more subtle prints and print boxes. Prices start from just £75.
So whether you’ve struggled to conceive, suffered from morning sickness, pain, stress or are just plain exhausted, let me help you forget that for a few hours and show you how beautiful you are and how awesome your body is.
Let's get you booked in
For more information and to get you booked in please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose A Cake Smash to Celebrate a First Birthday? Cake smash sessions have risen massively in popularity over the last 5 years. The words now needs no explanation and is universally recognised as the way to mark the milestone of a first birthday. But why do...
Your Guide to Photography Christmas Gifts There is a reason why I'm so busy in the run-up to Christmas, and that’s mainly because lots of my clients buy photography for Christmas gifts! There are so many options when it comes to buying photography-based gifts - with...
15 Must Have Family Photos for November Can you believe 2022 is already drawing to a close. It’s been a year of ups and downs for most people. We’ve all enjoyed getting back to the normality of gathering with friends and family and jetting off on holidays. It’s...
I'm a Northampton photographer and photograph in Northampton, Milton Keynes, Buckingham, Oxford and surrounding areas. I come to you so you don't have to venture too far from home.